Hybrid Processing Sound Source
The XW incorporates CASIO’s newly developed Hybrid Processing sound engine, which fuses an LSI sound source with a high-performance CPU and DSP. The resulting varied tones cross the borders between genres. Synth tones that are frequently used in live performances and Drawbar Organ tones are all at your disposal, contributing to impressively expressive performances.
High sound production from over 2000 built-in waveforms
A varied collection of 311 synthesizer waveforms has been reproduced from traditional analog synthesizer waveforms and built in. Full use of the Sliders and knobs enables intuitive sound creation by selecting among the 2,158 assorted available waveforms — including waveforms from the CZ synthesizer series of masterpiece instruments of the past. Tones can be changed freely in the course of a performance, moreover, supporting demonstration of awesome power during live performances as well.
A variety of functions to provide support during live performances
- A Performance Function permits assignment of tones and performance settings to individual keys in as many as four zones, for each of which ON/OFF controller setting is possible.
- A Phrase Sequencer is available for sound or user phrase presetting during a performance.
- The Arpeggio Function for automatic playback of arpeggio patterns employs pressed keys as constituent sounds.
- SMF data and audio data* stored on SD cards is available for playback. This feature finds active use under a wide range of performance conditions, from live performances and rehearsals to practice sessions at home.
* Requires downloading of dedicated application software and media conversion to a special format.
- A diverse range of input and output terminals supporting connection to MIDI devices, microphones, audio players and other peripherals Possible uses include practicing while linked to an MIDI device or in sync with audio data.
- Rubber holder for portable MIDI devices or audio equipment
- 5.4 kg lightweight body for easy carrying to a club or party. Battery-powered operability assures access to a power source, even in circumstances such as outdoor performances.
61 standard-size keys
2 types, off
64 (1 to 32 for some tones)
Solo Synthesizer Tones Edit
100 preset, 100 user
16 internal parts + externally input part
16 multi-timbre received, GM level 1 standard
LCD with backlight
SD Memory Card Slots
Dimensions (W x D x H)
948 x 384 x 124 mm * Excluding music stand, and other projections
5.4 kg (without batteries)